(And yes, I know the title is bad grammar, but it scans better. Deal with it.)
It’s Thanksgiving again. A couple of years ago I did a posting on things I was thankful for. I think it’s time to do that again. Since I am a pretty shallow person in awfully many ways, it will be a shallow list. And, if I did the list again three months from now, it might be very different. Here’s what I’m grateful for now.
- I’m thankful for themudflats.net; firedoglake.com, maddowblog.msnb.com. Sometimes I’m thanful for Huffington Post, but not very often, actually.
- I’m thankful that I live in a country where, any time day or night, I can go to a faucet, turn the tap and clean drinkable water will gush from the spout.
- I’m also thankful that pretty much any time, day or night, I can throw a switch and get heat and electricity.
- I’m still thankful for dogs.
- I’m thankful for the Sig-O, but don’t tell him that. It’ll just give him a big head.
- I’m thankful for my family, my extended family and my friends.
- I’m thankful for Facebook (really) because it helps me stay in touch with my extended family and friends in an easy way.
- I’m thankful for my job. Not just that I have one; that for 34 years I have been able, most of the time anyway, to do work that made people’s lives better.
- I’m thankful for the people who work for me and with me. They are awesome.
- To the four of you who actually read the blog, I am thankful. Thanks, guys.
- I am thankful that I can read.
- I am thankful for independent bookstores—and online bookstores. Yes, I can hold two opposing concepts in my mind at one time.
- And I’m thankful for champagne.